Organizations That Help Cancer Patients Financially
Organizations that help cancer patients financially can help with medical bills combined with not being able to work and a vast range of other costs make cancer expensive. All of those expenses can make life stressful and disheartening. If you’ve been diagnosed with cancer, you need to focus on your health, but sometimes that can feel impossible when you’re saddled with a bunch of bills. Check out these organizations:
Your Insurance Policy Has Cash Value Right Now
For many patients a Viatical Settlement can be one of the greatest sources of financial help.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Viatical settlements are different than other types of financial assistance for cancer patients, because they:
- Provide funds quickly, within a matter of weeks.
- Provide large lump sum payments.
- There are no restrictions on using the money.
- It reduces monthly bills by eliminating insurance payments.
VIATICAL SETTLEMENTS DEFINED
A viatical settlement is an arrangement in which someone with a terminal disease sells his or her life insurance policy at a discount from its face value for ready cash.
WHAT HAPPENS IF MY LIFE INSURANCE POLICY LAPSES?
According to the Life Insurance Settlement Association (LISA), more than 710,000 policies are lapsed or surrendered each year. As a direct result, a staggering 7 billion dollars in combined face value is lapsed each year by American seniors over the age of 70.
Once a life insurance policy is lapsed, the life insurance company is not under any legal obligation to pay the beneficiaries if an insured person passes away. The reinstatement process requires good health with proof of insurability and all missed premiums must be paid to the insurance company.
Essentially, the viatical settlement process allows late-stage cancer patients to explore all options before lapsing the life insurance policy because of unaffordable premiums. Even with a decision to keep the policy, knowing the value of the policy on the open market gives the patient options and financial peace-of-mind.
Here’s How the Viatical Settlement Process Works:
Through this partnership, various drug manufacturers offer a range of benefits for people with cancer. Some of the financial benefits include help with insurance reimbursements, access to co-pay relief programs, and discounts on medicine. Representatives from this assistance program can also help you apply for help from other programs.
- Contact American Life Fund today at 877-297-4592 to speak with a counselor or fill out our easy online application. We will guide you through the pre-qualification process and ask you to fill out an easy one page form. Once qualifications are verified, you will be given an offer for your policy.
- Complete the simple application. After the initial application is submitted, American Life Fund will review the policy and any non-forfeiture options, policy dividends, policy riders, or provisions attached to the policy.
- Accept your offer. If accepted, closing documents will be sent out for your signature. During the 2- 3 week viatical settlement process, your life insurance carrier will be instructed to make the necessary ownership changes to the policy.
- Collect your funds. After the changes to the policy are confirmed, funds will be released to you immediately.
American Life Fund ensures complete confidentiality during the entire viatical settlement process and offers cancer support resources if you chose to decline the offer. There is no waiting period to re-apply online, as we understand families may need more time to discuss all options.
WHY SELL MY POLICY?
- Pay for medical costs or alternative treatment
- Premium payments become unaffordable
- Funds are immediate and tax-free
- No obligation, receive an instant quote and one-page application process
- Replace loss of income
- Individuals with late stage cancer or a life-threatening disease
- Currently own an existing life insurance policy
- Death benefit of the life insurance policy is at least $100,000 or more
HOW DO I APPLY?
- Call 877-226-9836 or apply online to find out what your policy is worth. There’s no-hassle & zero obligation.
- If you qualify for a viatical settlement, you’ll be sent one simple form asking for additional information on you and your policy.
- Once we receive your forms and verification, you’ll receive an offer on your policy.
- If accepted, you’ll receive your funds in as little as 2 weeks. It’s that simple!
If you need financial help, check out the above organizations that help cancer patients financially. To learn more about cashing in on your life insurance policy early, contact American Life Fund directly. We may be able to help.