Head and neck cancer can develop in the head, neck, and throat region, including the mouth, pharynx (throat), paranasal sinuses, nasal cavity, larynx, thyroid gland, and salivary glands. This blog article will go through some of the greatest financial assistance for head and neck cancer programs for people that are diagnosed.
There are 60,000 new cases of head and neck cancer each year in the United States, according to the American Cancer Society.
You may wonder how you will pay for treatment if you or someone you know has been diagnosed with head or neck cancer. The good news is that several financial assistance options are available to assist with medical expenses connected with head and neck cancer. This blog article will go through some of the greatest financial aid programs for people diagnosed with head and neck cancer.
Financial Assistance For Head And Neck Cancer Patients Type #1: Your Life Insurance Policy Pays YOU (Through a Viatical Settlement)
Even if you have private insurance or are using government programs like Medicare and Medicaid, you may still have to pay for some of the costs of head and neck cancer treatment. The good news is that you may have an asset already available to you. Life insurance is a liquidable asset since policyholders can sell their policy for a lump-sum cash payment. This process is known as a “viatical settlement.” The funds from a viatical settlement are tax-free, allowing you to spend them as you choose!
A viatical settlement might qualify a head or neck cancer patient to get up to 70% of their life insurance policy in two weeks!
Here’s how it works:
- If you have a life insurance policy and have been diagnosed with a serious illness such as cancer, you can sell your life insurance policy through a viatical settlement.
- You can sell your policy to a third-party, such as a viatical settlement company. In return, you receive a lump sum cash payment for your policy.
- The company becomes the new owner of the policy and assumes all premium payments. When the insured dies, the viatical settlement company receives the death benefit.
Upon completing our simple application form, American Life Fund will assist you with getting an immediate cash offer for your life insurance policy.
Financial Assistance For Head And Neck Patients Type #2: Head And Neck Cancer-Specific Financial Grants & General Cancer Financial Assistance.
Many grants are available to individuals with all types of cancer. In contrast, others are reserved strictly for those battling head or neck cancer. You can begin researching for financial awards you may be qualified for on the internet and through your local charity organizations.
The greatest part about cancer money assistance is that it has no strings attached. It isn’t easy to locate a charity with grant money available. But if you can find one, the cash will assist you with your living and medical expenses. Even though seeking grants may take some time, the effort can be worth it.
Here Are Some General Cancer Financial Assistance Options:
- Cancer Action’s Patient Services Program This program helps people deal with the side effects of cancer and its treatment. The following are the most urgent requirements: nutritional supplement assistance, pharmaceutical assistance, medical equipment and supplies, transportation support, and case management.
- Cancer Care Services. Cancer Care provides information, counseling, and support services for patients with cancer and their caretakers. Cancer Care aims to increase patient access to healthcare by assisting providers in finance, emotion, and knowledge.
- Cancer Services “Enhancing Health, Life & Survivorship.” The Cancer Support Services program offers prescription medications, medical supplies, transportation, and nutritional supplements to head and neck cancer patients. They’re based in North Carolina in Forsyth, Davie, Stokes, and Yadkin Counties. The applicant’s household income, expenses, and present demands are all considered when determining financial eligibility.
- St. Joseph Mercy Hospital The Head and Neck Cancer Patient Assistance Fund will reimburse patients for the costs of specific treatment methods such as dental treatments, nutritional supplements, and medical equipment and supplies associated with head and neck cancer. Trinity Health was renamed St. Joe’s Hospital. They are assisting patients in Washtenaw County, Michigan.
- University Health. Every patient is treated with the greatest attention and care, regardless of their financial status. University Health accepts most commercial and government-sponsored health insurance plans (e.g., Medicaid and Medicare).
- HNC Living Foundation was created as a non-profit organization in 2015. Since then, it has granted more than $550,000 to assist with dental care, nutritional supplements, pharmaceutical support, transportation assistance, and specialized therapies for head and neck cancer patients.
- University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Dentistry. It offers a program to help people with head and neck cancer. Radiotherapy is a successful treatment for many types of cancer. Still, it can often cause painful mouth tissue, dry mouth, and severe tooth and gum problems. The Dentistry Care for Head and Neck Cancer Patients program will offer dental treatment to people who need it and are referred by a regional medical center. Dental care is required (pre-care) before cancer therapy and continuing, or follow-up dental care after the treatment has ended (post-care).
- 911 4 HNC. The Foundation is a non-profit organization that offers financial assistance to patients with head and neck cancer (HNC). 911 4 HNC means “Help for Head and Neck Cancer.” This specific fund is dedicated to assisting patients with head and neck cancer (HNC) with immediate financial assistance. 911 4 HNC does not provide money for research, unlike many other non-profit foundations. Rather, it assists individuals and families who live in the Greater Metropolitan Washington region, where the money was raised.
Suppose you don’t have health insurance. The Financial Counseling Center can help you find coverage through the Missouri Health Insurance Exchange or other assistance programs like Medicare, MO HealthNet (Medicaid), Crime Victims’ Compensation Fund, and the UH Financial Assistance Program.
Financial Assistance For Head And Neck Cancer Patients Type #3: Prescription Assistance
This section will discuss various solutions for cancer patients to get financial assistance for prescription drug payments and other expenses. The following is a list of resources to assist with these financial problems associated with head and neck cancer therapy.
BenefitsCheckUp. Over half of Americans over 55 require assistance paying for prescription drugs, healthcare, utilities, and other necessities. Over 2,000 federal, state, and private grant programs are available to assist with financial difficulties. However, many individuals are unaware of these programs or how to apply for them. CheckUp determines whether any benefits may help you save money and cover routine expenditures by asking questions.
Bringing Hope Home. The Light of Hope Family Grant Program is a one-time award that can assist families of all ages, genders, races, and types of cancer. We want to help you if you live in our region and are presently receiving cancer treatment!
Head and Neck Cancer Alliance – Gas Card Program. The Head and Neck Cancer Alliance is more than happy to inform patients that we will provide a $50 supply of BP and Exxon gas cards and Exxon gas cards to head and neck cancer patients in need. We are extremely grateful that two private contributors made this service possible.
Cancercare. The Cancer Support Community is a national non-profit organization that provides free expert assistance to anyone impacted by cancer: patients, caregivers, children, loved ones, and the bereaved.
The Cancer Financial Assistance Coalition. Is a coalition of organizations that assist cancer patients with financial assistance. CFAC is a network of organizations providing financial aid to people with cancer. They want to help cancer patients have less stress to get better.
Partners in Care. Get immediate help with your treatment. We offer a variation of financial assistance programs to better assist you in covering non-medical costs associated with your cancer therapy. Find the one that’s right for you. Only individuals with head and neck cancers are eligible:
Cancer Patient Support Program. The Cancer Patient Support Foundation Emergency Fund was established to help cancer patients with financial difficulties due to their diagnosis. It is a free, comprehensive support service program for cancer patients and their families in Vermont and upstate New York. It’s used when all other options have been exhausted.
Cleaning For A Reason Foundation. A charity called Housekeeping for Heroes provides free expert house cleaning and maid services to cancer patients to improve their quality of life.
Corporate Angel Network. Sky Service For Cancer charity will accept any unused commercial air travel vouchers and arrange free transportation to treatment across the country aboard private jets.
EmergingMed.com Is a free and confidential cancer clinical trial matching and referral service.
Patient Advocate Foundation. Ensures everyone has access to healthcare, no matter their situation.
Financial Assistance For Head And Neck Cancer Patients Type #4: Fundraising
Fundraising is a quick and simple technique to add to the financial help available for people with head or neck cancer. If utilized correctly, fundraising may be a powerful instrument for raising money. Here are just a few alternatives:
- You may create a GoFundMe campaign and appeal to the public for help. The bad news is that you’ll only receive a portion of the donations.
- Another alternative is a personal campaign, in which you’ll keep all the profits. For a comprehensive list of fundraising options, check out MedGift Advocacy Services!
Don’t be afraid to aspire for a higher quality of life. You are entitled to it, whether you are financially stable or not. Contact American Life Fund for additional information on how we financially assist individuals with head or neck cancer!
Frequently Asked Questions About Financial Assistance For Head And Neck Cancer Patients
What Forms of Head And Neck Cancer Are Included For Financial Assistance?
All forms of head and neck cancer, except brain cancer, are included. The most frequent types are lip, larynx, mouth, nasal cavity or sinuses, throat, and tongue cancers.
What Benefits Are Head And Neck Cancer Patients Entitled to?
Treatment regimens are determined by the site of the tumor, its stage, and your general health. Chemotherapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and targeted therapy are general methods.
Suppose you have been placed on a Social Security freeze. In that case, you might be eligible for Social Security Administration (SSA) disability benefits, which can help pay for your cancer therapy while also offsetting your wage losses.
Financial assistance for head and neck cancer patients is available in many forms, from Social Security Disability benefits to private fundraising campaigns. Do not hesitate to ask for help from your support network or a professional cancer financial advocate.
American Life Fund is here to provide you with the resources and information needed to make informed decisions about your finances and quality of life. Contact us today for more information on how we can help.
>>Best Holistic & Alternative Cancer Treatment Centres