Financial Resources for Ovarian Cancer Patients
After an ovarian cancer diagnosis, focusing on your health is the key to improving your prognosis and quality of life. However, taking care of yourself can be difficult when you’re dealing with the financial challenges of a cancer diagnosis.
Financial assistance programs provide financial support to ovarian cancer patients to help with out-of-pocket costs, including the costs of medical care, health insurance copayments, medications, and chemotherapy. The following financial assistance programs can help ovarian cancer patients afford the costs of cancer care:
Individuals with ovarian cancer who are under the federal poverty level may also qualify for financial assistance through Medicare, Medicaid, and social security.
Your Life Insurance Policy Has Cash Value
For patients and their family members, a viatical settlement can provide direct financial assistance after a cancer diagnosis. A viatical settlement can help you and your family afford high-quality medical treatment and avoid medical debt during active treatment.
WHAT IS A VIATICAL SETTLEMENT?
A viatical settlement is an agreement between a life insurance policyholder and a life settlement company. Cancer patients can sell their life insurance policy for a large lump-sum cash payment, and buyers take over paying monthly insurance premiums to keep the policy in place.
HOW IS A VIATICAL SETTLEMENT DIFFERENT?
While other programs offer limited financial assistance, viatical settlements:
- Provide immediate financial support—often within a matter of weeks.
- Act as a financial lifeline by providing access to a large lump-sum cash payment.
- Do not restrict the use of your funds.
- Help you avoid medical debt after being diagnosed with a devastating disease.
- Provide financial peace of mind by eliminating monthly premiums.
Who qualifies for a viatical settlement?
- Individuals with ovarian cancer. In some cases, an early-stage diagnosis may qualify.
- Current life insurance policyholders.
- Policyholders who have a life insurance policy with a death benefit of $100,000 or more.
Why should you sell your life insurance policy?
Viatical settlements do not restrict the use of your funds. By selling your life insurance policy, you'll be able to:
- Cover out-of-pocket costs and health insurance copayments, including medical expenses, chemotherapy, and alternative treatment options for gynecologic cancer.
- Afford cancer care from the best health care teams specializing in women's cancer.
- Afford a caregiver for home care or child care.
- Boost your household income.
If you need a financial lifeline, the experts at American Life Fund can help you explore your financial options. We know that the costs of cancer care extend far beyond health insurance coverage, and our straightforward viatical settlement application process can provide direct financial assistance.
What happens if your life insurance policy lapses?
According to the Life Insurance Settlement Association, over 710,000 insurance policies are lapsed or surrendered each year. Consequently, nearly seven billion dollars in combined face value is lapsed annually by seniors in the United States.
After a life insurance policy has lapsed, insurance companies are not under any legal obligation to disperse funds to beneficiaries after the policyholder has passed away. The reinstatement process requires the policyholder to be in good health with proof of insurability, and all missed insurance premiums must be paid to the insurance company.
The viatical settlement process allows ovarian cancer patients to explore their financial options before lapsing a life insurance policy. Even if you decide to keep your policy, understanding its value can provide financial peace of mind.
How does the application process work?
With American Life Fund, the viatical settlement application process is easy and hassle-free, with zero obligation:
- Call 877-266-9836 or apply online through American Life Fund to determine your eligibility and the value of your policy.
- If you qualify for a viatical settlement, we'll send a simple form asking for additional information about your policy.
- After we receive your forms and verification, we'll send you an offer on your policy.
- If you accept the offer, you'll receive a cash payment in as little as two weeks.
American Life Fund guarantees complete confidentiality through the viatical settlement application process. If you decline our offer, we'll provide you with financial support resources for cancer patients. Because we know that family members may need more time to discuss finances, there's no waiting to re-apply for a settlement offer online.
“I am very happy that I found out about American Life Fund! It has made my life and finances more bearable. Everyone I spoke to was so kind and compassionate. Thank you so much for helping me.”
- Kathleen, Washington DC
“You never know how stressful a cancer diagnosis is until you experience it yourself. American Life Fund relieved my financial worries so I’m able to focus on my journey to recovery!”
- Andrea, Arizona
“When my husband was diagnosed with cancer and our retirement ran out, we needed a plan B and fast. American Life Fund provided the financial help we needed exactly when we needed it.”
- Charlene, Wisconsin
“They answered all of my questions and kept me informed so I never had to worry about what was going on. It was very reassuring and made the process so much easier.”