When it comes to viatical settlements, you want to make sure you not only get the largest offer amount possible, but that you also get these funds as fast as possible. Depending on the viatical company you work with, it can take months to complete the process. However, at American Life Fund we pride ourselves on working around the clock to get money into your hands sooner rather than later. In fact, we can complete the viatical settlement process from start to finish in as little as 1-2 weeks.
What is the Process Like?
To get a sense of how long the process takes, you may want to look more closely at the specifics of working with a viatical company. Generally, people start by getting a free estimate online. Then, they talk with one of our counselors to learn more about the process. If they decide to move forward, they fill out the application and submit the supporting documentation. American Life Fund will review the information and may contact your doctor or insurance holder for more details in order to prepare a final offer. If you agree with the final offer, you will sign the paperwork and send it back to us. At that point, the funds are released from the escrow account to you. Then, you can start using the viatical settlement money however you like.
How to Speed Things Up
If you include recent medical records and insurance policy information with your application, the process is expedited. Otherwise, the viatical company must reach out to your doctors and insurance provider on your behalf and theses entities can take time to respond with the proper information. Some other tips to quicken the process include:
- Contact us or request your quote as soon as possible. The longer you wait to get the process started, the longer it takes to get your viatical settlement.
- Be available to talk with the counselor as soon as possible. If you’re unable to talk for several day or even weeks, that will hold up the process.
- Ask the counselor which documents you should include with your application to speed up the process.
- Once you’ve reviewed the offer and signed the documents, return them to us in a timely manner.
- Let your bank know a payment is coming and find out if there are going to be any holds on the funds.
A Viatical Settlement Offers Peace of Mind
When you are seriously ill, you often have a lot of extra expenses. You face medical bills and you may not be able to work. Your family may want to take time off work to help support you, or you may just want extra money so that you can relax and be together. A viatical settlement makes all of that possible.
If you would like to learn more about working with a viatical company and how quickly we can get funds to you, give us a call today at 877-959-5855. Or, you can get started right away by requesting a free quote.